Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another Attempt At "mail-to-blogger"

Much to my astonishment... This worked rather quickly:
This feature has been uniformly unreliable in the past, but since their picture post mechanism is offline, I thought I'd try this again, as a alternative.  Normally it takes "a day or two" for the posts to show up.  Pretty pathetic, huh.  Lets time it:

Post sent 11/20/2008 09:54am Eastern

PS: I sent this from my gmail account.  This will be our control value, as it too is under the Google umbrella.

It showed as a draft, even though it is set to publish immediately. Next, an "external address".

To make life easier, I've combine the results in one post.
This one from a Yahoo account.
Post sent 11/20/2008 10:06am Eastern

Both Google and Yahoo took about two minutes.
From My Mobile E-mail
Post sent 11/20/2008 10:12 AM Eastern
About four minutes on this one.

Since the mobile post made it (to drafts, any way), I attached a picture, and tried again. The image took about twelve minutes to process. It was the first time I have been able to post an image in about six months.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't tried it, you might want to check out blogging from Picasa.

    ReplyDelete