Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Zeller Schwartz Katz Mosel



Warning: I'm writing this review drunk. It has nothing to do with the wine-- I'm sick and my medicine of choice is Taquila.

There's actually a story behind Zeller Schwartz Katz. When I was in fifth grade, I had to write a report about a child in a foreign contry. I waited until the last minute, and asked my mother for help. She looked around the kitchen and pulled a bottle of Zeller Schwartz Katz out of the trash.



"Here," she said handing me the empty bottle. "You're a child in Germany, and you're family makes wine." Works for me. I got an A. As a result, Zeller Schwartz Katz, has always had a place in my heart, even though it's not my favorite wine.



Then, a month ago, I found this. Different label than I was use to. The type of wine is a Mosel. Wow! Good stuff. Turns out, last weekend (before I got sick-- I think it was the flu shot that did me in) I went to the Maryland wine festival. One of the vineyards was offering a Mosel. Good Stuff. Hey... Do I detect a pattern here?



This was a really good wine. I give it 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment