Friday, July 27, 2007

Windows Computer Management

I have yet to figure out how to navigate to the Computer Management tool for remapping drive letters. [compmgmt.msc] I can do it if I switch Control Panel to Classic View, so apparently, its something I'm just not suppose to do anymore. Here's the easiest route:

Click Start.
In the Search field, type "management".
Click the Computer Management icon.

It's a case of having to know exactly what something is called. If I can't find something at the grocery store, I ask "Where macaroni and cheese?" I'd expect a response like, "Go over that way to aisle seven and look on the left side. You should see pasta. The mac'n cheese is around there."

With Vista, it's like getting the response of...
"Sorry, don't know what you're talking about."
"I'm looking for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese."
"Nope, still nothing."
"How about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese."
"Oh yes. I can't tell you where it is, or how to get there, but if you'll wait a few moments, I'll bring it to you."

Admittedly, it is nice to have people waiting on you. It make you fat, stupid, and lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment