Saturday, December 08, 2007

Bellini Toscana Sangiovese


I found it a little difficult to research this, as there is a cocktail called a Bellini, and it seems that Bellini is a very small vineyard in Tuscany. So small, in fact, that they have virtually no web presence. To make matter worse, the picture didn't post to the blog on the first attempt, and I had to dig the bottle out of the recycling bin. The net result is that I don't really remember what I thought of the wine. Oops.

I remember having it with steak and felt good about it. Perhaps a little too heavy for after dinner. I'll try it again and give it a 6 of 10.

2 comments:

  1. I did get a second bottle of Bellini Toscana Sangiovese and agree with the initial review. Good, dry, full bodied. Nice with a meal. Certainly a high 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got two bottles (2006 vintage) at Total Wines in River Edge New Jersey. A great every day wine for about $7. My rating of this wine was a little over an 8 (on scale of 10).

    ReplyDelete