Friday, October 07, 2005

Blogger Spam

Ha Ha. Blogger got hacked-- sort of.

Somebody setup a spambot to watch for new Blogger posts, and comment on them. The comments tend to say things like: "Great blog. We have alot in common. I bet you'd like my site, spamspamspam.com, for low cost perscription prices." It's really very cleaver, though annoying. Now, every time I post, I have to go back and delete the comments.

Luckily, there is a way to make it a little more difficult for the spambot. In the Blogger Dashboard, you select the "Settings" tab, and the "Comments" link. Change "Show word verifiction" from the default of No to Yes.

The folks at Blogger are not of the same mind as am I. In my neighborhood, we err on the side of more secure, rather than less secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment