Saturday, April 09, 2011

Wente Sauvignon Blanc

And what do we all know about sauvignon blanc? That's right, it grows in New Zealand. This one is from California.

I actually looked for this wine, since one of the wine magazines pointed out that I shouldn't be snobby about CA wine, as long as the CA wine has a 90 point score. My wine shops don't usually carry 90 pointers, but I keep looking anyway. I could try going to swankier stores, but we both know I'm not going to pay the swanky price.

When I found this San Francisco Bay wine for about $17, I grabbed it as if I'd found a real bargain. One taste, and I knew I could have bought a Chilean white and saved myself $10. Way too much vinegar and citric acid. Why, you could almost taste the exhaust from the 101.

Scary to say this, but I'd rate this 90 point wine a 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment