Saturday, June 21, 2008

Palm Centro: Airplane Mode

On the front of the unit, there is a green answer button and a red power button. The power button has several functions:

1. When the unit drops to power save mode, it (or the four function buttons) will wake the unit up.
2. When awake, if the button is held for three seconds, it will boot the phone into the Airplane Mode. (The antenna icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen will disappear.)
3. When in the Airplane Mode, if the button is held three seconds, it will boot the phone into the On Air Mode.
4. In any active mode, tap the red button to black the screen. You can't turn the device off. Not possible. You have to pull the battery.

4 comments:

  1. You're my hero. I couldn't find this in the docs, and my first few Google searches flopped. I was beginning to worry that I would have to pull the battery when I fly next week!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I just received a Centro this week and am getting acquainted with it. This info is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. today I had an airline attendant get very angry with me because my Palm Centro does not turn off. I had turned off the phone part but you can not totally turn off the device. So I suggest that you be very careful to not let the attendants see your phone - don't play games or mess with it after they have made the announcement to turn off cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - very useful - thought my Centro was malfunctioning when it wouldn't turn off. Although recently a pilot announced that all phones had to be turned OFF regardless of "mode." But you can't with the Centro.

    ReplyDelete